Campbell Wilson Millar Building
261 - 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK
Constructed in 1910, the Campbell Wilson Millar Building, named after the Campbell Brothers and the Wilson Company, became home to a wholesale grocery company.
First established in Winnipeg in 1882, the grocery company "Sutherland and Campbell" was founded by the Campbell brothers Robert J. (1851 - 1925) and William James (1849 - 1914). The brothers were born in Ontario, but moved to Winnipeg with their future partner, James Sutherland to start what would become an extremely successful business.
James Sutherland passed away in 1885 and in 1890, the firm's book-keeper Robert R. Wilson became a partner in the newly formed Campbell Brothers and Wilson Limited. The company became one of Canada's largest firms, eventually branching out to several western Canadian cities such as, Saskatoon, Regina, Swift Current, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
This is what the Campbell Wilson Millar Building looks like today and the building has been home to ICR Commercial Real Estate since 2006. Other Tenants of the building are: Regency Advisory Corporation, Suncorp Valuations, Precedence Private Wealth, Bainbridge Jodouin Cheecham, and Dundee Wealth Management.
ICR is committed to the preservation of historic and/or architecturally significant buildings - buildings which we believe are important to our community and may otherwise be lost to future generations.
Our goal is to bring together developers and/or users who appreciate the character and quality of these buildings and understand the environmental benefits of the adaptive reuse of buildings.
It is our goal to help our community move towards a more sustainable future.
Below are a few examples of restoration properties that ICR is proud to be associated with.
Ross School 350 Oak Street, Moose Jaw, SK
The Avenue Building, 220 3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK
Buckwolds, 24th Street and Ontario Avenue, Saskatoon, SK
The Mckim Building, 416 - 23rd Street East
CPStation, 305 Idylwyld Drive North, Saskatoon, SK
CP Station, South Main Street, Moose Jaw