The Roxy Theatre is a historic property located in the Riversdale neighborhood of Saskatoon. The Roxy opened its doors on August 28, 1930. The property was purchased by the current owner and, after an extensive refurbish to its original grandeur, was reopened to the public in 2005.
±9,500 SF footprint with ±1,800 SF second floor, total of ±11,300 SF
75’ frontage to 20th St W x 130’, ±9,750 SF (.23 acres)
• 6,500 SF with 1,200 SF second floor original structure built in 1930
• Atmospheric Movie palaces were designed to look like courtyards or garden settings. The rounded dome ceilings of the these types of theatres often featured a starlit sky to mimic exotic open air European opera houses.
• 3,000 SF addition in 1980 with 600 SF second floor
• 474 seats in main theatre plus projection room
• 130 seats in small theatre plus projection room
• Forced air gas heating and air conditioning servicing building
• Individual rooftop HVAC units supply heat/cool in each theatre; separate forced air and AC for other portions of original building and addition
The lobby and accessible washrooms are at grade level. Both theatres are serviced via accessible ramps. The lower level of main theatre is sloped to stage, while the entire small theatre is also sloped. Stairs in the upper level of main theatre lead to the projection rooms servicing both theatres. Lower level washrooms accessed by stairs.
B5C – Riversdale Commercial District
Surface Parcels 120286807 and 120286818